Sunday, February 13, 2011

The Face Magazine September 1982



Sue Clowes Fashion Feature - Designer for Culture Club

Siobhan Fahey of Bananarama modelling The Face T-Shirt
Another one from my Face magazine collection.  Featuring an emerging fashion subculture which The Face identified as 'Hard Times' and this look was reminiscent of Marlon Brando - fifties rebel.  Think torn Levi's jeans topped with even more torn shirts/tops, with the soundscape being primarily soul music.  The third image is the snapshot of the club kids from this scene and I remember when I first flicked through this issue, and upon seeing that page I just stared at these pics for so long.

The last image I think is a really cute one of Siobhan from Bananarama!  I would looove to get my hands on one of these Face t-shirts!!

2 comments:

  1. I just killed to look like a London girl, they had such style and uniqueness - i seriously thought all London boys would look like Joe Strummer or Marilyn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, at that time maybe they did?? Unfortunately now, not so much... :S

    ReplyDelete