Saturday, February 18, 2012

Scrambled - Dolly magazine August 1985

August 1985
Model Claudia McCarthy
Photography Ken Middleton
Hair & Make-up Aaren
'Scrambled'
Photography Clive Smith
Styling Aaren

A different kind of editorial for Dolly..... it kind of reminds me more of something you'd see in 'The Face' magazine as opposed to a teen Australian magazine.  I am very curious as to who this 'Aaren' is who styled both the cover and this shoot, and alas I could not find any information on him/her at all.  Not too sure whether I would personally wear a jumper as pants, but I can see where they were going with it and for the shoot it looks great.  I adore the hair and make-up particularly in this - the yellow eyeshadow/pink eyeliner combo really works.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! I can't say the cover is familiar but the spread is, especially that last pic. I remember the tops as pants thing, but only in mags and not in real life. That blonde model looks familiar too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blonde model was an American called Lori. I do remember the cover and the spread, can't say the cover was a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes something is definitely lacking in the cover.... I like the concept, but I think the model's expression is lacklustre.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting this Maryanne. I've been looking for Claudia everywhere and couldn't remember her surname but remembered this cover! Thanks, Amanda

    ReplyDelete