Sunday, March 11, 2012

Prue Acton for SAAB 900 Turbo - Vogue magazine October 1979

Photography Claude Mougin

I recently acquired a bunch of Vogue magazines, so thought I'd add a post here from one of the issues.  I simply adore a futurist themed shoot back when it was thought the future would be cool (it's more boring now than back then I think!).  This Prue Acton for SAAB shoot reminds me a lot of one of the pictures from this Sheila magazine issue from 1980.  It's funny how dated the car looks next to the 'futuristic' wares.

4 comments:

  1. The car looks SO dated :D This is pretty old though. The mag looks in really good condition. I'd be keen to see some late 80s/early90s Vogues if you had any. I crossed over from Dolly at that time to Vogue, Elle, Bazaar etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just LOVED Prue - she really designed some truly elegant clothing in the 80's - I found a vintage Acton black skirt in the oppy the other day - it was a size 10 but looked like a child's size 10, but my it was gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have many Vogues at all jenelk, and the latest year I have of them is only 1983 unfortunately. Oooh a genuine Prue in an op-shop - good find!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was the hairdresser on that shoot.
    I worked for Ndumsky of Collins St.
    We also had a salon in the Prue Acton shop in the Block Arcade.
    Unfortunately Prue didn’t pay us and “forgot” to give us credit in the magazine.
    The photographer and make - up artist also went unmentioned.
    Not bitter just a memory.

    ReplyDelete