Monday, March 5, 2012

A Sunburnt Country - Dolly January 1989

January 1989
Model Natalie Kirk (Covergirl Winner)
Photography Warwick Orme

I'm not really the outdoorsy type, but there is something about how this Sunburnt Country spread is shot that I really love.  It is shot by the same photographer as the cover photo, and stars the Covergirl contest winner of 1989 - Natalie Kirk who was all of 13 years of age at this point!  The outfits she's wearing on their own are unremarkable, but have been styled really well to fit the earthy theme.

5 comments:

  1. Yes I agree, the last pic is my fav. So aussie can almost smell the bushland, i like it offset with the fashion even if it is plain. Don't remember this issue, I can't believe that girl is only 13. Like Kate Fisher, early bloomers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your comment "so aussie can almost smell the bushland" hahaha, that gave me a chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the girl that won ahead of Anneliese Seubert, who was runner up. I remember it came down to a reader vote and Natalie obviously won, but she wasn't my favourite. I have often wondered what happened to her, she didn't become famous like the other 13 year old, Miranda Kerr.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I guess sometimes it comes down to whether the girls are driven to succeed or not maybe... she seemed to have the right look though.

      Delete
  4. She is not pretty at all. Look at her. She has small eyes, almost a slit for eyes, big face, big thighs and a nice big round belly in the black dress. She is a huge girl. That's why she never made it big because these are just good pictures she is not all that. To make it big you have to be total package and not just good in one photo shoot.

    ReplyDelete